All students, regardless of their zip code, deserve the support, tools, and time to learn. If we are serious about every child's future, let's get serious about doing what works.
- Safe schools with a community school focus, beginning with Lynn Middle School, and then expanding throughout the entire Doña Ana County
- Learning opportunities that begin at age 4, NOT retention of 3rd graders, which has proven to be ineffective in numerous studies
- Classes small enough for authentic student-teacher interaction, and learning resources that are updated and useful for both students and teachers.
Good education inspires students' natural curiosity, imagination, and desire to learn. We need to ensure our schools nurture these values and continue to grow tomorrow's inventors, thinkers, artists, and leaders.
- As teachers of LCPS and members of NEA-LC, we set high expectations for all students and understand no bubble test can measure a student's curiosity, creativity, and critical thinking skills.
Ensuring every student has a caring, qualified, committed teacher is at the core of what we do as a educator organization. Education isn't just a job, it is a calling.
- Each and everyday we strive to connect with each student, discover his passions, and unlock her potential. We must ensure educators have the resources, mentoring, and support to find success in their craft.
- We must continue to advocate for learning environments with class sizes that enable teachers to connect one-on-one with students.
- We support professional development opportunities that are meaningful and relevant and remain steadfast in ensuring anyone who becomes a teacher enters the classroom ready to reach, teach, and inspire.